Taking care of the ‘intellectual’ side
Intellectual development has nothing to do with memorizing more and more facts or gathering lots of information that eventually becomes a burden on the mind. Intellectual development takes place when an eagerness to learn arises from within, or when you develop an interest for learning itself. This happens when a child is allowed, in initial stages, to learn things that seem to be interesting or meaningful to him. And that too with a pace he is comfortable with. We understand it. Our interactive classrooms and patient teachers are committed to bring this wisdom into action. To assist them in the deed, we also have:
- Reading Mahotsava: In order to enhance the literary skills of our students the school ushers in Reading Mahotsava at the commencement of the academic session which spans the summer month and culminates in July. A Plethora of literary activities like: books, dissemination, characterization, synopsis presentation and creative writing will be organized to commemorate the event. Reading Mahotsava will culminate with price distribution to the winners.
- Workshops and seminars: Workshops and seminars will be organized for teachers as well as students to keep them abreast with the latest happening in the education hub.
- Educational trip: Educational trips will be organized to enhance the knowledge and to promote the interest in academics.
- A well-stocked library, where not only story (fiction/non-fiction) books, but reference material will also be made available to the students. The library can be used by them during their free time and lunch breaks, along with a regular library hour allotted to them once/twice in a week.
- An air-conditioned computer laboratory, with as many as …… computers. Students will be introduced to the subject from the very beginning, and progress will be made as per their age and readiness.